TheSpecialUnit - Clan Site
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[-TSU-] Movie

3 posters

Go down

[-TSU-] Movie Empty [-TSU-] Movie

Post  Captain.Sodergren Sun Jun 28, 2009 4:38 pm

I was thinking bout' making a TSU movie. It would be a regular Frag movie, or something to that affect. I'm no Houdini when it comes to editing thees things, but every clan needs a movie showing off some skills right ^^? If this sounds interesting to some/all of you, that'd be great.
Captain.Sodergren
Captain.Sodergren

Antal inlägg : 8

Back to top Go down

[-TSU-] Movie Empty Re: [-TSU-] Movie

Post  General.CoolBreeze Sun Jun 28, 2009 5:23 pm

Sergeant.Sodergren wrote:I was thinking bout' making a TSU movie. It would be a regular Frag movie, or something to that affect. I'm no Houdini when it comes to editing thees things, but every clan needs a movie showing off some skills right ^^? If this sounds interesting to some/all of you, that'd be great.

i think it´s sounds great
General.CoolBreeze
General.CoolBreeze
Admin

Antal inlägg : 10

Back to top Go down

Post  Colonel.Load Sun Jun 28, 2009 6:16 pm

Sergeant.Sodergren wrote:I was thinking bout' making a TSU movie. It would be a regular Frag movie, or something to that affect. I'm no Houdini when it comes to editing thees things, but every clan needs a movie showing off some skills right ^^? If this sounds interesting to some/all of you, that'd be great.

its a good idea.. show of some skills will lure ppl into our nest ;P

EDIT: have around 18 vids now. cant record more then 30 secs at a time but still a total of 9.21 gb. now this is wrong.. right? :/ took em with Fraps @ 60 fps. tried with 29.99 something and it was unplayable.
anyways i have no experience editing videos. so anyone know how i can cut and paste and so on.. tips would be so much appreciated

AND im no forum geek so i have nop clue how to upload vids to the forum from youtube etc. help me buddies ;p
Colonel.Load
Colonel.Load

Antal inlägg : 21

Back to top Go down

Post  Captain.Sodergren Mon Jun 29, 2009 2:28 am

Colonel.Load wrote:

EDIT: have around 18 vids now. cant record more then 30 secs at a time but still a total of 9.21 gb. now this is wrong.. right? :/ took em with Fraps @ 60 fps. tried with 29.99 something and it was unplayable.
anyways i have no experience editing videos. so anyone know how i can cut and paste and so on.. tips would be so much appreciated

AND im no forum geek so i have nop clue how to upload vids to the forum from youtube etc. help me buddies ;p

Ok, I'm not sure how this works in CoD, but you should not use an external recorder such as fraps or camtasia. It should be a built in console command. In, for example, "counter-strike" all you had to do was typ "record [ name of demo]" and you were done. It would produce a file in the root folder, and you used another command in the console to open it up, something like "Playdemo [name of demo] fps 30" (the fps will of course change depending on how many frames you want and so fourth). When this was done, you waited till the part of the demo you wanted to record and typed in "start record" or something like that, and it would take screenshots for every frame (again depending on the fps you put in). I think CoD has something similar to this, not sure tho. Thees are some things I, or we, need to work out. I'm to tired right now to bother with it, but i will look in to it tomorrow. And if someone finds how to do this before i post again, remember not to use a to high screen resolution. If you use something like 1024x768 every screenshot will be like 2,5mbs big, and that freaking sucks because it will increase the final size of the video like hell. When recording use 800x600 or something like that. But this is only during the playback of the video, when your gaming you can use whatever you like, as long as the screenshots are taken in a lower resolution. As for the uploading of videos, i think it would be best if we used a FTP server or something like that. I can talk to Splongen when and if the time comes ^^.

Man that was a big post, hope you can understand the fucker Razz
Captain.Sodergren
Captain.Sodergren

Back to top Go down

Post  General.CoolBreeze Mon Jun 29, 2009 2:37 am

Sergeant.Sodergren wrote:
Colonel.Load wrote:

Ok, I'm not sure how this works in CoD, but you should not use an external recorder such as fraps or camtasia. It should be a built in console command. In, for example, "counter-strike" all you had to do was typ "record [ name of demo]" and you were done. It would produce a file in the root folder, and you used another command in the console to open it up, something like "Playdemo [name of demo] fps 30" (the fps will of course change depending on how many frames you want and so fourth). When this was done, you waited till the part of the demo you wanted to record and typed in "start record" or something like that, and it would take screenshots for every frame (again depending on the fps you put in). I think CoD has something similar to this, not sure tho. Thees are some things I, or we, need to work out. I'm to tired right now to bother with it, but i will look in to it tomorrow. And if someone finds how to do this before i post again, remember not to use a to high screen resolution. If you use something like 1024x768 every screenshot will be like 2,5mbs big, and that freaking sucks because it will increase the final size of the video like hell. When recording use 800x600 or something like that. But this is only during the playback of the video, when your gaming you can use whatever you like, as long as the screenshots are taken in a lower resolution. As for the uploading of videos, i think it would be best if we used a FTP server or something like that. I can talk to Splongen when and if the time comes ^^.

Man that was a big post, hope you can understand the fucker Razz

shit va you wrote? hehe. but yes you can record with cod only write /record in console as it plays up. is more done for the matches in order to check back if you have suspicion of cheating, but should work equally well, try to sleep more hehe natt What a Face
General.CoolBreeze
General.CoolBreeze
Admin

Antal inlägg : 10

Back to top Go down

Post  Colonel.Load Mon Jun 29, 2009 2:51 pm

/record /stoprecord works fine. Thank you

did a long run trying to convert this DM_1 file with no luck.. spent some time google it but didnt find any playback solutions regarding this file extension.

"
A CoD4 demo (DM_1) isn't actually a video file, rather its like an event recorder that when is played back tells the game engine what to do and re-creates what you recorded.

What you can do however, is replay the demo and use a screen capture program like fraps to record your actions."

anyway i figured out a way to fix the size problem that i could live with. Alive Video Converter converts the 630mb file into 15. with no seriuos quality difference
for you guys who dontknow much get Alive Video here : http://www.gigasize.com/get.php?d=y2wnw3gyg0b

Last edited by Colonel.Load on Tue Jun 30, 2009 3:09 am; edited 3 times in total
Colonel.Load
Colonel.Load

Back to top Go down

Post  Captain.Sodergren Tue Jun 30, 2009 2:36 am

Yeah, that looks good... What output format did you use? AVI, DviX or something else? The absolute best thing though would be if it were possible to capture every frame in to Jpeg files or something like that. Thats how I've done my movies before. But again, i do not know if this is possible in CoD. If its not, Loads example is very good! So, start recording some fucked up frags and what not, and we'll be on our way ^^.
Captain.Sodergren
Captain.Sodergren

Back to top Go down

Post  Colonel.Load Tue Jun 30, 2009 3:01 am

Sergeant.Sodergren wrote:Yeah, that looks good... What output format did you use? AVI, DviX or something else? The absolute best thing though would be if it were possible to capture every frame in to Jpeg files or something like that. Thats how I've done my movies before. But again, i do not know if this is possible in CoD. If its not, Loads example is very good! So, start recording some fucked up frags and what not, and we'll be on our way ^^.

i used Avi as my output on the conv. i guess the reason why i got it this small was bcuz i recorded without sound..
but with a good tune in the background is just as awesome!
nevertheless it works and all the TSU ppl should get some vids uploaded asap! incl you Sodergren ;D

btw, hope to see you more active with us!
Colonel.Load
Colonel.Load

Back to top Go down

Post  Captain.Sodergren Tue Jun 30, 2009 3:14 am

Ok, good... AVI is easy to work with so it should work out fine! And yeah, sorry I'm not more active ATM, but I'm not at my computer that much in the summer. I should be getting back soon though. so yeah... Been on line in TS for 30hrs or something at least, so its a start Very Happy...

Edit:

Another thing, everybody should decide on a specific resolution to use. Everybody should use the same. Otherwise it will look strange in the final video with 4 different resolutions. I put my vote in 800x600, keeps file size down, and its not to low quality. So we should not have any problems with a grainy video in the end.
Captain.Sodergren
Captain.Sodergren

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum